STEM Teacher Summer School
Event is delivered by
- King's College London
- Imperial College London
Date to be confirmed
Widening Participation Team
The STEM Teacher Summer School will give teachers the opportunity to;
- Attend bespoke academic sessions on STEM subjects including Engineering, Biology and Pharmacy.
- Talk to academics who run highly competitive programmes and hear what they look for in applicants.
- Attend workshops delivered by admissions staff on accessing highly competitive universities.
- Receive advice on writing good references and personal statements, including access to a structured system to take back your school. (CPD accredited)
- Gain a better understanding of the Sutton Trust student summer school recruitment process to improve their pupil’s chances of gaining a place.
- Build a network of contacts from across the UK and hear best practice from high performing schools.
Participation in the STEM Teacher Summer School is free of charge and includes all meals, evening activities and accommodation. Reasonable travel expenses will also be covered.
- Travel costs covered
- Free event
- UCAS reference writing
- Personal statement writing
- University admissions processes
- Meet academic teaching staff
- Progression to HE
- Specific to a degree subject area