Advancing Access events enable teachers, careers advisers and careers leaders to support more of their students to progress to some of the UK's most competitive universities. Our events are suitable for any professional who might be advising young people about their future.
Attendance at Advancing Access events is always free.
Our most recent Teacher and Adviser CPD Conference was hosted by Didsbury High School in Manchester on Thursday 1st December 2022 from 9:45am - 3:30pm.
CPD sessions were delivered throughout the day by university staff members, UCAS and teachers sharing good practice. The topics covered are listed below.
> Supporting under-represented and disadvantaged learners to access and succeed at university
Delivered by the University of Birmingham and the University of Leeds
> Involving parents and carers in the HE decision making and application process
Delivered by the University of Exeter and King's College London
> Demystifying the veterinary professions - the pathways and support available for your students
Delivered by the University of Bristol and the University of Liverpool
> The benefits of studying at a Russell Group university
Delivered by Durham University and the University of Warwick
> Supporting students to write effective personal statements
Delivered by the University of Edinburgh and Queen's University Belfast
> Inspiring students’ interest in competitive universities and supporting their next steps: an opportunity to share good practice
Delivered by staff from The Laurus Trust
> UCAS update
Delivered by UCAS
You can access all the presentation slides on this page of our website.
- Our events feature a number of workshops and sessions which will help you to support your students in progressing to Russell Group universities
- Interactive sessions include a combination of presentations, activities and discussion
- Workshops are ran collaboratively by staff representatives from universities across the Russell Group and also teachers too providing a breadth of perspective, knowledge and expertise.
Our CPD events and conferences are open to teachers, careers leaders and advisers. Attendance is always free. At our events you will have the opportunity to:
- Hear first-hand from Russell Group university staff from across the UK
- Keep abreast of the latest developments in higher education which will affect your students
- Direct any questions you might have to our university staff
- Network with other professionals
- Learn more about the outreach opportunities which are on offer from our university partners