- Our events feature a number of workshops and sessions which will help you to support your students in progressing to selective universities
- Interactive sessions include a combination of presentations, activities and discussion
- Workshops are ran collaboratively by Advancing Access and representatives from universities across the Russell Group to provide a breadth of knowledge and expertise
Our CPD events and conferences are open to any teacher or adviser from any state school in the UK. Attendance is always free. At our events you will have the opportunity to:
- Hear first-hand from Russell Group university staff from across the UK
- Keep abreast of the latest developments in higher education which will affect your students
- Direct any questions you might have to our university staff
- Network with other professionals
- Learn more about the outreach opportunities which are on offer from our university partners
Our most recent event took place on Thursday 14th February 2019, at Thomas Gainsborough School, Great Cornard, Suffolk.
You can access the speaker presentations from the day by clicking here.
A range of topics were covered on the day, including:
- Advancing Access HE update - widening participation, unconditional offers and contextual admissions
- Degree apprenticeships
- Interviews and additional admissions tests, including information on admissions to Oxbridge and medicine courses
- Giving your students the competitive edge
- Writing successful UCAS references
- Benefits are attending a Russell Group university
The following universities took part and each hosted an exhibition stall:
- University of Birmingham
- University of Cambridge
- Durham University
- University of East Anglia
- London School of Economics
- Newcastle University
- University of Nottingham
- University of Sheffield
- University of Suffolk
- University College London
We expect our next conference to take place in the next academic year so keep an eye out for upcoming details.
Who should attend your events?
Our events are designed for:
- Teachers who work in state schools or colleges (including classroom teachers, form tutors, headteachers and head of year or sixth form)
- Careers advisers
- Careers leaders
- Other practitioners who advise young people, such as outreach officers
We have added some FAQs about our conferences below, but if you have any further questions please don't hesitate to contact us.
Frequently asked questions
Registration is based on a first come, first served basis and it will close as soon as the event is full.
We recommend you register as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Our CPD conferences are completely free to attend and a free lunch will be provided.
Yes, multiple teachers from the same school may attend. Each attendee will need to register individually.
Please contact us to let us know as soon as possible so that we can allocate your place to someone else.
Yes, free parking is available for all of our events. Further details regarding this will be announced closer to the time.
Yes, lunch and refreshments will be provided for delegates.