- Our events feature a number of workshops and sessions which will help you to support your students in progressing to selective universities
- Interactive sessions include a combination of presentations, activities and discussion
- Workshops are ran collaboratively by Advancing Access and representatives from universities across the Russell Group to provide a breadth of knowledge and expertise
Our CPD events and conferences are open to any teacher or careers adviser from any state school in the UK. Attendance is always free. At our events you will have the opportunity to:
- Hear first-hand from Russell Group university staff from across the UK
- Keep abreast of the latest developments in higher education which will affect your students
- Direct any questions you might have to our university staff
- Network with other professionals
- Learn more about the outreach opportunities which are on offer from our university partners
Next upcoming event
Our next upcoming event will be on Thursday 14th February 2019, at Thomas Gainsborough School, Great Cornard, Suffolk. The event will run between 9.30am and 3.30pm.
Places are limited and we are allocating on a first come first served basis.
A full programme will be published shortly - the following sessions are confirmed so far:
- Admissions update - including information on contextual admissions and how to support your students in responding to unconditional offers
- Degree apprenticeships
- Oxbridge admissions
- Giving your students the competitive edge
- Writing successful UCAS references
- Enterprise skills and careers pathways
The following universities will be taking part (more to be announced soon!):
- University of Birmingham
- University of Cambridge
- Durham University
- London School of Economics
- Newcastle University
- University of Nottingham
- University of Sheffield
- University of Suffolk
- University College London
Who should attend?
This event has been designed for:
- Teachers who work in state schools or colleges (including classroom teachers, form tutors, headteachers and head of year or sixth form)
- Careers advisers
- Careers Leaders
- Other practitioners who advise young people, such as outreach officers
We have added some FAQs below, but if you have any further questions please don't hesitate to contact us.
Frequently asked questions
Registration will close as soon as the event is full.
We recommend you register as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
The event is completely free and a free lunch will be provided.
The school's address is:
Thomas Gainsborough School,
The school is approximately two miles away from Sudbury train station.
The contact number of the school for if you need further assistance is 01787 375232
Yes, multiple teachers from the same school may attend. Each attendee will need to register individually.
Please contact us to let us know as soon as possible so that we can allocate your place to someone else.
Yes, further details regarding this will be announced closer to the time.