- Our events feature a number of workshops and sessions which will help you to support your students in progressing to selective universities
- Interactive sessions include a combination of presentations, activities and discussion
- Sessions during our events will be delivered by Advancing Access, staff from the Russell Group of universities and teachers who will share their own good practice
Our CPD events and conferences are always free. At our events you will have the opportunity to:
- Hear first-hand from Russell Group university staff from across the UK
- Keep abreast of the latest developments in higher education which will affect your students
- Direct any questions you might have to our university staff
- Network with other professionals
- Learn more about the outreach opportunities which are on offer from our university partners
Our most recent event took place on Wednesday 27th November 2019, at Newham Sixth Form College, London.
You can access the speaker presentations from the day by clicking here.
A range of topics were covered on the day, including:
- Supporting students to write personal statements
- Writing effective UCAS references
- Using Advancing Access in your school or college
- Sharing good practice teacher session
- Delivering the Extended Project Qualification
- How can you help disadvantaged students overcome barriers to progression?
- Using educational reserach to improve pedagogy
- Delivering extra-curricular programmes
- Marketplace exhibition hall - speak with representatives from all of the universities listed below
The following universities took part and each hosted an exhibition stall:
- University of Birmingham
- Durham University
- University of Edinburgh
- University of Exeter
- King's College London
- University of Leeds
- University of Liverpool
- London School of Economics
- University of Manchester
- Newcastle University
- University of Nottingham
- University of Oxford
- Queen Mary University of London
- University of Sheffield
- University of Southampton
- University College London
- University of Warwick
- University of York
We expect our next conference to take place in the next academic year so keep an eye out for upcoming details.
Who should attend this event?
Our events are designed for:
- Teachers who work in state schools or colleges (including classroom teachers, form tutors, headteachers and head of year or sixth form)
- Careers advisers
- Careers leaders
- Other practitioners who advise young people in schools and colleges
We have added some FAQs about the event below, but if you have any further questions please don't hesitate to contact us.
Frequently asked questions
Newham Sixth Form College is on Prince Regent Lane, Plaistow, East London, E13 8SG. The college is often referred to as 'New Vic'.
Newham Sixth Form College is not to be confused with Newham College of Further Education (often simply called 'Newham College') which has two campuses in East Ham and Stratford.
Parking at the site is limited, so we strongly encourage you to arrive by public transport. If you require parking, please indicate this when you register. Please find below information about accesing the college by public transport:
London Underground: The closest station is Plaistow which is on both the District and Hammersmith & City lines. The venue is a 15-20 minute walk from Plaistow station, or alternatively a short bus ride from the station on either bus route 262 (towards East Beckton) or 473 (towards North Woolwich). You should get off at the stop called "Newham University Hosp / New Vic College".
National Rail: The college is accessible via Stratford train station. From here head to the Stratford Bus Station and catch either the 262 (towards East Beckton) or the 473 (towards North Woolwich) buses, these will take around 15 minutes to arrive at the college. You should get off at the stop called "Newham University Hosp / New Vic College".
Bus: The closest bus stop to the venue is called "Newham University Hosp / New Vic College" which is served by buses 147, 262, 276, 300 and 473. Click here for more information.
The event will run from 9.30am to 2.55pm.
The event is now full to capacity so we have closed registrations. We will deliver similar events again in the future, so keep on eye on our website.
Yes! We'll even provide you with lunch too.
We're now full to capacity, so if your colleagues haven't already signed up we won't be able to accommodate them - sorry.
Please contact us to let us know as soon as possible so that we can allocate your place to someone else.
Yes, lunch and refreshments will be provided free of charge. On the registration form there is a box to notify us of any particular dietary requirements.