- These events include workshops or webinars which help teachers and advisers to learn more about the Russell Group universities. Attendees will learn more about the experience that their students will have at these universities and also the application and admissions process
- The events enable teachers and advisers to support more of their students to progress to some of the UK's most competitive universities
These conferences are open to any teacher or adviser who works in a school or college anywhere in the UK. Attendance is always free. At these events you will have the opportunity to:
- Hear first-hand from Russell Group university staff from across the UK
- Keep abreast of the latest developments in higher education which will affect your students
- Direct any questions you might have to our university staff
- Network with other professionals
- Learn more about the outreach opportunities which are on offer from our university partners
Our next event
Our next event will take place on Wednesday 16th June 2021 between 3.15pm and 6.00pm.
What will the event include?
There will be six 30 minute webinars available during the event on a range of different subjects to help you to best support your students. During and shortly after the webinars you will be able to use the chat function to ask our presenters any questions you may have. Recordings of the webinars will also be made available on the Advancing Access website after the event.
Our virtual exhibition hall features a stall for each of the 24 Russell Group universities. At each stall you can access and download information and resources as well as asking any questions you may have to our staff representatives.
Q&A discussion forum
Our panel of university staff will be online and waiting to answer your questions in our Q&A forum. You may submit questions on any subject and a range of different universities will be able to respond to you. You can also use the forum to network with other teachers and advisers across the UK.
The following six webinars will be available during the event:
> Alternatives to Medicine - presented by the University of Leeds and the University of Warwick
> The employability benefits of attending a selective university - presented by Cardiff University and the University of Exeter
> UCAS for beginners: Top tips and insight into university admissions and the UCAS application process - presented by the University of Liverpool and the University of York
> UCAS update - presented by Sam Sykes, Lead Digital Learning Developer at UCAS
> Supporting disadvantaged learners to progress to university - presented by the Newcastle University and the University of Sheffield
> Supporting students in England, Wales or Northern Ireland to apply to university in Scotland - presented by the University of Edinburgh and the University of Glasgow
More detailed descriptions of the webinars and webinar timings can be found in our event programme.
Who should attend?
This event is designed for those who support students on their journey to university. It is especially suitable for those who may support students from a more disadvantaged background. The event may interest:
- Teachers who work in schools or colleges in the UK (including classroom teachers, form tutors, headteachers and head of year or sixth form)
- Careers advisers
- Careers leaders
Click here to download our event flyer.
Event registration is now closed
Frequently asked questions
Yes - we will make recordings of the webinars available on the event resources page of our website.
If you can no longer make it, please contact us to let us know. This will mean we can offer your place to someone else.
No - you can take part through your web browser and can access the platform on a computer, tablet or smartphone. You don't need any special equipment like a microphone or webcam.
The event programme has not been finalised just yet. However, as soon as the programme is available we will upload a PDF copy to this webpage so please check back soon.
Yes - after the event we will upload the presentations to the event resources page of this website. This means you can access all of the presentations from the event, including those you weren't able to attend.
Yes - we appreciate that some participants may not be able to attend the entire event.